Pacifica Orthopedics, Huntington Beach, California.

Request An Appointment

Do You Need Orthopedic Surgery


Orthopedic surgery is one of the treatment options for problems associated with joint, tendon, muscle, ligament and bone issues that make up the musculoskeletal system. If you suffer from such conditions you may find orthopedic surgery to be a possible option for you. There are many joint related ailments that can require the attention of an orthopedic specialist.

One of the more popular and better known conditions that orthopedic specialists can treat is arthritis. Arthritis is a collective term for diseases that cause pain and inflammation in joints. Arthritis can be responsible for causing damage to joint cartilage making life a painful experience. This can at times make the use of the joint almost impossible for some sufferers. Performing simple daily activities like walking and writing may become painfully impossible. Your orthopedic specialist can help to diagnose, treat and manage the recovery and rehabilitation for arthritis sufferers.

Some of the things your orthopedic specialist will discuss with you may be the diagnosis and the treatment options available to you. This can include pain relief medications, perhaps joint replacement procedures in severe cases, as well as advice on lifestyle changes appropriate to your condition.

You may also need orthopedic surgery if you develop injuries in your musculoskeletal system, although surgery is not always the first option that an orthopedic specialist will advise. Injuries may sometimes result from impact while performing strenuous activities such as sports. Some sports related injuries include torn ligaments, pulled or strained muscles, and tendonitis. Even in these more severe cases, treatment options are available without the need for surgery. Simple cases of minor breaks do not necessarily require orthopedic surgery but cases involving bone breaks in young children who are still growing and those requiring pins should be dealt with by a specialist.

Should you have pain or tenderness from a sports injury or even perhaps as a result of repetitive use, then seeking the advice of an orthopedic doctor will prove most useful.

Other posts you may interested in…